Friday, May 3, 2013

Challenges

Once again I find myself in an uphill battle to provide financially for my needs. I am exercising faith and working to find more resources and am willing to do the things that I need to that this blessing will come to pass. My life has not been easy and I know I have much yet to learn and I will learn it, if it is the end of me.

I must say that I am blessed immensely. I am counting my blessings all the time because they help me remember that my Heavenly Father has not forgotten me. My life has not been what I had hoped in the way of family. I had hoped to marry and stay married to same man all of my life and we would grow old together, loving our children and grandchildren. But that has not been my lot. However, because I was married I do have 7 wonderful children and they have given and continue to give me much joy. I am amazed at their abilities, talents confidence in themselves. They are moving forward by leaps and bounds and I am so humbled to be their mother. I have 6 beautiful grandchildren that heal my wounds as I kiss and hug them and watch them grow. I love hearing the sweet things they say. I love them so much.

I have a beautiful mother who reminds me that I can do things that challenge me. She gives me encouragement even in the face of her own struggles. I am so appreciative of her and the gift of her life in my life. She is truly a wonderful woman.

I have dear brothers and sisters who continue to support me with their prayers and faith. They have all struggled but seem to pick themselves up each time and go forward. I am especially grateful for Frank. I know that I can call him anytime and he will take the time to listen and make me laugh. I am so grateful for him.

I never thought I would admit to this, but I am thankful for my calling to lead the choir. I have been blessed so many times to choose the appropriate song for the day and have learned to love these dear, faithful choir members and my wonderful organist, Yvonne Halliday. It is not easy for me to fulfill this calling but I am very grateful for this opportunity to learn and to stretch myself.

I have not been fortunate to always work in the same company. I loved FranklinCovey and worked there for 7 years before layoffs took place. I don't know why I was chosen as one of those who was let go but ever since then it has been difficult to make ends meet. I don't have a lot of worldly goods but I can make better use of them and now, being forced to do it, I will. But I have faith that the Lord has a plan for me and I must go into the darkness to find what it is that I should be doing. I know He is watching over me.

I am thankful for the scriptures and the words of living prophets. I need to rely more on them and trust them.

I am thankful for temples. I need to go more often and learn more there.

I don't know why but it always seems that difficult struggles come in groups. They just can't seem to come one by one. I am hopeful that today the latest mechanic can resolve the issue with my car so I can drive it without worrying that it will die on me. I cannot buy a new car. I must have it in working order and the repairs must not cost very much. I know Heavenly Father will bless me.

I've lost a significant portion of my income and my second job is now becoming sporatic so I am seeking other avenues of financial support. I know the Lord hears my cries and will answer my prayers. I pray I can have the faith to do the things He requires of me.

I am not an educated person but I am willing to work for the things that I must have to survive. I pray that I will be strong enough to do them.






No comments:

Post a Comment